If you have always wanted to learn how to develop iPhone apps below you will find some articles and podcast interviews of Simon Crack founder of Dead Cool Apps. He shares tips and tricks on how to develop iPhone apps. Learn everything from the game design process, game building with BuildBox working with publishers and how he started the crazy journey into apps.
Simon's recent interview with BuildBox on his game dev journey, game design, inspiration and best game dev strategies for achieving success in the app business. Read it in full HERE.
Steve P Young over at AppMasters.co
interviews Simon Crack on how he comes up with cool icons, unique gameplay and working with BuildBox Game Creation Software. He also discusses top strategies to contact a publisher cold, these include:
• Google – search different app publishers to get their contact info and just send them a message
• Forums – post your new game and publishers scanning those forums may contact you.
• Featured games or Top Charts - download those games. Upon booting them up, you will often get a logo of the publisher and the developer, reach out to them that way.
Not thinking outside the (Build)Box is one of the mistakes that people make when using Buildbox. They just grab a template and put the graphics in, which is basically just reskinning. Learn how to break out and do something a little different and unique when coming up with new game ideas.
You will also find out Simon's number one top business tip which may surprise you.
Listen to the full 30 min Podcast
• Icon Tester - Testico
• Low Cost High Quality Graphics For Games and UI - Graphic River
• Coolors, app for awesome color pallets - Coolors
Carter Thomas app guru of Blue Cloud Solutions fame interviews Simon Crack on everything apps. Where he started in the industry, what's working right now in the App Stores and where he see's it heading in the future.
"What do you do when things get bad? When you lose a job and get pushed into something where you have to do something different and new? Meet Simon Crack. Simon took a chance on something new to stay ahead of the curve and you won’t believe what happened"
Click below for the full 60 mins candid interview...
• BuildBox, drag and drop game builder - BuildBox
• Unity Marketplace - Unity Asset Store
• App Maker Platform - AppMakr
New! FaceBook CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below...